Sunday, November 4, 2012

Diet...day 1

Part of the problem I always have with dieting is the lack of control I have over my life. Working with family puts a lot of constraints on where, when & how I eat. Wednesday, Thursday & Friday I eat lunch with my mom while working at the store. Monday & Tuesday, my parents keep the kids and I eat dinner down there while I'm picking them up. So, to keep count, that's 5 meals per week that I don't have much say in. I know, if I stick with it this time, I will make changes to that arrangement. My mom does try to be considerate and make accommodations for me. She makes salads for dinner on Monday & Tuesday as a side dish. Lunch on the weekdays I can usually find something vaguely healthy on the menu (except Fridays, when dad chooses).

So, given that restraint, on Thursday, I had:
Jimmy Dean deLight Breakfast Sandwich and coffee for breakfast. 350 calories
Veggie soup & Salad for lunch with a buttered dinner roll (I know, I know). 415 calories
Pasta Gabriel with grilled chicken & a salad for dinner. 620 calories
For snacks I had coffee with creamer and pumpkin pie. 250 calories.
I drank about 5 cups of water

I went over my calorie goals by 155 calories, mostly the pumpkin pie I had to eat...Had TO. I made the pie from scratch from pumpkins and I hate to see it go to waste.

I hope to take more control as time goes on. Mark & I will start packing our lunch probably after we get back from vacation. We're taking off the 10th through the 18th and hopefully going to stay with friends in Florida.  We never mind having a salad of mixed greens with boiled eggs & chicken. I guess after the awful food documentaries we watched this weekend, maybe we'll start cutting down on the chicken.

Next goal, cutting back on the creamer and splenda. Oh, and my two cups of caffeine per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment