Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trying to succeed...

So, I've tried this before, this diet thing. The only time I successfully lost weight was during my divorce. It wasn't a diet so much as an emotional, gut-wrenching, fast where I would throw up if I at more than a cup of food from a bleeding ulcer. I dropped 25 pounds over the two months following my now-ex's confessional and the resulting trying to fix things that came after. Obviously, although that diet was effective, I'd like to never go through anything remotely like that again.

I gained weight after each baby and no amount of nursing helped slim me back down. I nursed Matthew for most of 2 & 1/2 years, but still ended up heavier than before I got pregnant.

Mark & I are great together. We share so many interests and love being together. One of our interests is in good food. Not healthy food, but rich and tasty food. This hasn't done us many favors lately.

My doctor's advice last year was to cut to 1000-1200 calories per day with three 300 calorie meals and two 100 calorie snacks. Cold turkey, just like that. I'm never going to achieve that at least not starting out. I told her that too. She basically told me that I wouldn't be able to lose weight otherwise. I have decided that setting an attainable goal makes me more likely to stick with it. So, I'm starting by cutting to 1500 calories per day. According to my app, that nets me a pound and a half per week. I think I can do that. As time goes by, I think I can better that or at least add in more exercise to bring that down. But starting a 45 minute work out 5 times a week is a sure way to kill me and my trying to get healthy.

I worry a bit because honestly, I'm not cutting out that much food. Why does that worry me? Well, because I haven't been "over-eating" to get to this point. I have cut the hot melty cookie thing that Matthew and I shared at night out, the blt's, and my afternoon candy bar. Other than that, I apparently was doing ok with modulating the food I take in. If that is the case, I wonder if I'll actually be able to lose much weight via the diet. I guess I'll have to break out the zumba tapes soon...maybe I can find one led by Ricky Martin...livin' la vida loco indeed ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment